When we first announced we were preggo I assumed all the advice would flood my way from moms, but in fact it was new dads that reached out the most! And I am so thankful they did. Their candid and honest thoughts have made me feel a million times better about potentially messing up my baby’s life.
So here are a 5 gems of wisdom that have stuck with me from new dads that I so value and appreciate:
1. It’s ok to be scared shitless.
2. Happy parents mean a happy baby.
3. Do your best to not feel guilty or bad about making a decision that benefits you or your baby. Seriously.
4. The way you mess up your baby is not because you had non-organic towels, it will be whatever your faults are (ie. if you are bad with money, one day your kid will be bad with money). So just try to be the best version of yourself you can be.
5. When your baby is crying, 50% of the time it will be because of gas.
Got any more timeless parenting advice? Please share!