Today is my stunning Mother’s birthday. In honour of her and her awesomeness, I am ready to admit that in certain ways, I am becoming exactly like her. For example:
1. I am regularly wearing my housecoat half-on, half-off.
2. I get angry at television shows or movies for certain plot lines and argue why they shouldn’t be like that, and friends have to tell me that if that wasn’t the case, there would be no tv show or movie (ex. I am furious at Breaking Bad for Wilson not taking his friends money to get his cancer treatment so he could just avoid the whole meth thing all together!).
3. I point at things with my middle finger so it constantly looks like I am giving people the bird.
4. I can wrap a shawl around myself and can sleep sitting up ANYWHERE: bus, train, or plane.
5. I spell out my last name like she does: “B as in Bob”, E, R, “C as in Charles”, O, “V as in Victor”, I, T, C, H.
6. I fiercely put my family in front of anything else and am the backbone that holds it all together.
Happiest birthday Mum! I hope I can be 1/10 of the incredible mother you have been to me when my little babe is born. I’m also still working on achieving your wisdom, grace, and sense of style, but I will keep trying and looking up to you as an unbelievable mother, nana, sister and wife every single day.